Saturday, October 30, 2010

spare time and "the office"

It has been just under a week since my last post, and guess what I have more time on my hands then I have had in a longgggggggggggggg time! Why may you ask? Well Eyad who normally takes up my Saturday morning at football and Sunday morning at Rugby and evenings spent doing homework and ferrying to various activities is still not back.

I miss him alot, however this week I have gone to bed really early as the house is all tidy and overslept in the morning (first time in ages) guess when you are responsible for someone else you are more alert!!!I had to say to work that I was stuck in traffic!

Now work, work has been fun this week and has been funner since I am now used to the work involved.This week one of our colleagues (Senior Manager) who has BAD BO had a freak out/ melt down!! The day before his freak out I made a point of wingeing about the stench which seemed to be getting worse to some of my colleagues!! As it turns out they said that this has been a problem for years with him and he has actually been told about it in the past...However, he has admitted to everyone that he only baths twice a week as he used to be a hippie which as it is getting colder now and with the heating on must be reduced down to once every couple of weeks i think!!!

Now for the funny part, we were all working at our desks in the sales office when he suddenly burst in to the office waveing this piece of paper (A4) which had big bold words typed on to it! screaming and ranting this is discusting read this read this shoving it in front of everyones face, as it turned out he had gone out for a walk and someone had typed up a letter telling him that he had bad BO and that he had to sort it out! Well I had a very insensitive moment and started to giggle while trying to look serious, but I couldn't help it as it was actually quite funny, as if that was me I would have wanted to crawl under my desk and hide instead of telling everyone about the note...Not only that he actually asked people if it was true, and one of the girls admitted to him that sometimes he did smell. His answer to that was that he had had a bath the day before!!!OMG how unreal are some people? For a moment it could have been a scene from "the office". Well people started looking at me asking if i had done it? I suppose I understand their suspicions what with my complaining the day before and my smiles, but I would never have the guts to slip a note under someones door in a busy office but I think he needed that message now lets see if he starts washing, so watch this space and I will keep you updated...

Am off to see if I can straighten my hair, as have just bought myself a pair of straightners! (a luxury most working mums dont have time for!)

Before that I would just like to say to Hannu, missed reading your blog and so glad to see that you too are busy...

2 comments:

  1. I'llcatchup and learn where Eyad is.So, you're living the office.That's what I thought while reading. Kepp me posted with the BO guy. What's his origin, BTW?

    You know for some reason, Blogger does not notify me of feeds or comments posting. I keep missing stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I am virtually living the office and it is so fun yet so boring! English through and through is the guy!

    Read you soon, and hope the kids had fun tonight..

    ReplyDelete